Terms & Conditions for Metcalfe’s skinny® How Would You Pop It? – 23 March 2017
Terms & Conditions for Metcalfe’s skinny® How Would You Pop It? (2017) Illustration Competition on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
1. The Metcalfe’s skinny® How Would You Pop It? Competition (“the Competition”) will officially launch on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at 13:01 pm on Thursday 23rd March 2017 and will officially close on Tuesday 28th March 2017 at 23.59pm.
2. To be in with a chance of winning the Competition prize, entrants must leave a comment on the Metcalfe’s social media post illustrated by Gemma Correll on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with their suggestion on how they would pop Metcalfe’s skinny® popcorn kernels.
3. There will be one winner chosen from all the entries submitted before the Competition closes. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple or third party entries will not be accepted. Entrants found to be using multiple Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts to enter the Competition will be ineligible.
4. Entries received through the Facebook page message, Twitter direct message or Instagram direct message system will not be considered as valid.
5. The winner will be contacted via a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram direct message within 24 hours of the Competition closing to inform them that they have won the prize.
6. The winner will receive one bespoke framed print by artist and illustrator Gemma Correll. The winner will need to provide their address in order for Metcalfe’s to post the final framed print. The final print will be delivered to the winner by Friday 21st April 2017.
7. The prize is not for resale, nor is it redeemable in whole or in part for cash, and nor is it refundable. However the prize may be transferred to a friend/relative. If the prize winner does not want to transfer the prize to a relative/friend, they can decline the prize within 24 hours of being notified that they have won and an alternative name will be drawn at random from the remaining entries.
8. Competitions, promotions and prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over (proof of ID may be necessary), excluding employees of Metcalfe’s skinny®, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the company.
9. Metcalfe’s skinny®’s decision is final, binding and represents Metcalfe’s skinny’s decision on all matters related to the How Would You Pop It? Competition on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. No correspondence can be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via a reply to their post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and asked to message Metcalfe’s skinny® direct providing their full name, email address and contact telephone number. If the winner does not respond with their details within 24 hours then their prize will be forfeited and an alternative name will be drawn from the remaining entries.
11. Junk filters and IT difficulties may affect email delivery. Metcalfe’s skinny® accepts no responsibility for this.
12. All entries become the property of Metcalfe’s skinny®. Metcalfe’s skinny® reserves the right to withdraw this promotion, terminate the promotion or declare void any entry in the event of actual fraud in its sole opinion.
13. The winner may be asked to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
14. Metcalfe’s skinny® reserves the right to hold void, suspend or cancel the promotion at any time where it is reasonable to do so.
15. Metcalfe’s skinny® accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, damaged, defaced, or not received for any reason or are a duplicate of a previous entry.
16. Details of the winner’s name and county will be available for one month after the close of this competition by writing to Metcalfe’s skinny® How Would You Pop It? Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Competition 38 Barnard Road, Bowthorpe, Norwich NR5 9JP.
17. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to Metcalfe’s skinny® and not to Facebook.
18. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to Metcalfe’s skinny® for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules. Metcalfe’s skinny® reserves the right to verify all entries and winners and refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this competition’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion.
19. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
21. Terms and conditions of this promotion are correct as of 1st March 2017.
• What personal information do we gather from you?
We gather personal information such as first and last names of all entrants. However, telephone number, email addresses and postal address will be requested of all entrants for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
• Use of your personal information
Our main aim in gathering your personal information is to provide you with a customised service.
We may also use aggregate personal information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring our Facebook page usage in order to help us develop the page and our services and may provide such aggregate personal information to third parties. These statistics will not include any data that can be used to identify any individual.
Occasionally, with your permission and depending on the purpose for and context in which you gave that permission, we will send marketing information and news to you by e-mail or SMS (text messaging). This may include but is not limited to, sending you marketing information for the products or services of a promotional partner on that partner’s behalf. However, in every case, if you do not elect to receive such communications or if you elect to discontinue receiving them, then we will not send or will cease sending them to you.
If, at some time in the future, we wish to use your personal data in ways other than those set out in this privacy notice, then we will notify you about this and seek your permission to do so.
• Sharing of personal information
The selected companies are those that provide technical assistance and support and perform other functions to support our marketing activities.
All selected companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions, but will only be permitted by us to use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function (which may include one to which you have expressly given your consent) and not for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any personal information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement or regulatory investigation. Save for this, we do not sell, transfer or disclose personal information we have collected from you in connection with our web site activities, to third parties outside the Kettle Foods Family.
Our Facebook page is designed and intended for use by people aged 18 and over. You must be over 18 in order to “Like” our page. Please do not attempt to do so if you are under 18. Although we are not responsible for determining the age of our users, we reserve the right to check an individual’s age and to deny access to any of our competitions, prizes, samples or other content to anyone under 18. We will delete any personal information which has been inadvertently collected from anyone under 18 as soon as possible after we become aware of this.
• Protection of your personal information and retention
We keep your personal information confidential. We will retain your personal information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
• Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us by using the methods listed below. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contacts from us or other members of the Kettle Foods Family, you can let us know by contacting us by using the methods listed below.
• Questions or complaints: contact us
email@example.com or telephone us on +44 (0)1603 744788